• MON - FRI: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
  • OFFICE:3205A 97 St NW, Edmonton, AB, T6N 1B7

Apply for a Study Permit Extension

  • Home
  • Study Permit Extension
Study Permit Extension

Apply for a Study Permit Extension


Apply for a Study Permit Extension

If your study permit will expire before you finish your program at Globe Star Immigration , you must apply to IRCC for a new one. This is called applying for an extension of your status as a student. You must be living in Canada to be eligible to extend your status.

It is your responsibility to know the expiry date on your study permit and to apply for an extension before then so you can keep studying.

You can always contact the ISSO if you have questions or would like help with your study permit extension application. Also, look on our Events page for study permit information sessions.

If you need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) as well as a new study permit, you should know that there is a two-step process in Canada: